This Charter sets out the standards of service we aim to provide to all our patients.
Our commitment to you:
Our objective is to provide you with high quality health care. We will encourage you to develop a healthier lifestyle.
By working together this will be accomplished.
- We have developed a range of services within the Practice. Our Health Promotion clinics are aimed at preventing or detecting illness at an early stage. Appropriate treatment is therefore more effective.
- You will be treated courteously at all times by our staff.
- We run an appointment system in this Practice. We will endeavour to give you a time that is convenient to you.
- We will try to ensure that you are seen on time. However, emergencies and serious problems are always given priority. This unavoidably may cause disruption to our scheduled appointments. Should there be a prolonged delay the receptionist will give an explanation. Please be patient ... sometime you may require urgent treatment.
- Urgent cases will be seen on the same day; otherwise you will be given the first available appointment. Please make it clear when you call if you consider your complaint of an urgent nature.
- Home visits will be arranged for those patients who are too ill or incapable of coming to the surgery.
- All our discussions with you will be treated confidentially.
- Appropriate treatments and investigations will always be discussed with you. No course of action will be taken without your consent.
- You have the right to a second opinion or to be referred to a Consultant that you agree to.
- You have the right at any time to leave our list and to register with another Practice.
- We are continually striving to improve our service to you. We are interested in your views and opinions. Any complaints you have will be fully investigated and you will be advised of our inquiry.
Our request to you:
- We request that you treat the Doctors and Practice staff with courtesy and respect.Violent or abusive behaviour towards any member of our practice team may result in removal from our list
- We ask you to co-operate in your care by following the medical advice offered and by taking any prescribed medication as advised.
- Please try to arrive on time for your appointments. Arriving late may inconvenience other patients.
- In the event of you cancelling an appointment, please inform us as early as possible so that the time may be allocated to another needy patient requiring assistance.
- Should you require a home visit please try to telephone before 11.15a.m. After this time the Doctors may have left the Practice and your visit may be delayed.
- Please do not arrange a specialist appointment without first discussing the matter with your Doctor.
- If you decide you no longer require a hospital appointment please inform both the Hospital and the Practice.
- We provide cover for emergencies out with surgery hours. We ask that you use this service only if you require urgent treatment or advice before the next surgery.
- We have the right to have patients removed from our list. We can assure you that we will exercise this right only under exceptional circumstances and if considered to be absolutely necessary.